The course will cover the following topics.
International trade: theory and evidenceThe facts of globalization
- The gains from economic openness
- The redistributive consequences of globalization
Multinational corporations and global value chains (GVCs):Foreign direct investments
- Offshoring, re-shoring and near-shoring
- International fragmentation of production
- Covid 19: back-shoring vs near-shoring?
Trade policy and trade agreementsThe instruments of trade policy (tariff and non-tariff measures)
- The political economy of trade policy: international trade agreements
- Bilateralism Vs. multilateralism
- Covid 19 and trade relations
5 July 2021
9 July 2021
Weekdays: from Monday to Friday
Luiss Guido Carli, Rome - Italy
Deadline for enrolment:
15 May 2021
1.200 € including accomodation;
1.000 € excluding accommodation
*There is an early bird discount for those who apply by May 15, 2021 as follow
- 1100 € including accommodation.
- 900 € excluding accommodation.